The Food Critic

In the Zagat survey,
I got 3 stars.

Debbie103 called my prose, "whimsical",
It is odd as my intention was to be stern and heavy-handed.
My words are not locally sourced,
But grown in far lands, harvested, shocked frozen and
delivered to my door step along with a seedy tabloid, filled with puns to satisfy my simplistic taste.

My poetry does not marry well with lush, mature, dark, indigo wine, but with a youthful Beaujolais, drunk before it could achieve ripeness,
maybe by an overweight Alsatian patroness,
maybe by an English nomad,
gulping it down in the rain, with left-over cheesy-chips,
(is this what they call nouvelle-cuisine?).

My modern techniques are mentioned on occasion in the same breath as molecularism (that is funny as I never passed a science exam in high school).

I am not "tucked in" a picturesque town or inner courtyard. My decor is not "quaint but modern". My cuisine is not "clean" and I do not give discounts to groups.
I am not minimalistic, as they are in Japan.

I can only relate to the lines that grace4food wrote:

"Where I feel alone, within the midst of a bustling intersection. A space so immense, a sense of awe and purity but at the same time it feels like it's at the back of a motor-home, cooking on an old burner, using a rusty knife, waiting for the dusk to disappear"

Have you left room for desert?

1 comment:

  1. Crisp prose, raw feelings, tender emotions and overdone adjectives: definitely food for thought.

    ReplyDelete