How does Deutsch twang sound like?



Crude, Shrewd,
   Hey dude,
don’t walk along a plain city,
somewhere on the outskirts of Sarajevo,
 Or near the Vatican,
anywhere where lads and ladettes,
speak about love and degradation,
        in a retro cafe.
neon signs warn about gender genocide,
Bourdieu and Badiou,
kept alive by I.V. drips of seventy% pure chocolate
battling pedagogs with German accents.
        How does Deutsch twang
              sound like?
 Salinger is dead and still
   I have no screw-on light bulb,
Microscopic elements enter my system
  while I am under,
Giving me false sense
that I am
     Somebody


                                                                                                                                                          © 2010 All rights reserved to E Nechin

No comments:

Post a Comment